If there’s a fruit we don’t run out of, it’s apples! Yano, my 3-year-old loves apples. So, we always have them and buy it even before it runs out. Hence, this is a dessert I can quickly whip. And even better for small servings!
We’re food buffs in our household (obviously), and it’s difficult not to get seconds or thirds when there’s plenty for two. This recipe is a perfect sweet-tooth-quencher. Annddd it doesn’t need a lot of ingredients.
I’m not a real baker! Lol! So this is a pretty relaxed recipe. I also want to share this because you don’t have to go out to get the list of ingredients to make it. This is a quick dessert to make. I usually cook the apples before adding it to a mixture for a bigger batch, but with this one, it’s a straight-to-the-oven.
Total Prep Time: 35 mins
To make the apple crumble for two, you will need:
- 2 medium bowls
- a small baking dish (I used an 8×6 inch dish)
- spoon or spatula
- 2 medium to large size apples (any kind you have on hand will work, I used honey crisp)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup granola ( I used honey oats granola for extra sweetness and texture)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 lemon (cut in half)
- 4 tablespoon of butter (unsalted or whatever is available in your fridge.
- helping of vanilla ice cream
Remember: Your crumbs are better with cold butter. Don’t use melted butter.
Let’s get baking!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Core and peel your apples. You can either cut them to wedges or cubes. Place them in a bowl and squeeze on the lemon and toss. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and sugar. Add the butter and mash in with a fork until you come up with a coarse and chunky texture.
- Add in the granola and cinnamon and mix. And then mix in the apple. Coat the apple evenly with the sugar, flour and granola mixture.
- Place mixture on your baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 mins.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
This is an easy dessert recipe you can prepare without having to put too much time and effort. And it’s enjoyable to create. Make small batches and experiment on. That’s what I’ve been doing. Lol! Baking has always been something I really want to master but finding it a bit of a hit and miss a lot of time. This easy apple crumble though, is a recipe anyone can master!
Let me know how you made yours and if you liked it.